Mask Care FAQs
Washing your mask Masks must be washed before first use.
In washing machine*: Wash in very hot water with laundry soap. Use dryer if available. Otherwise, squeeze gently and hang freely to dry.
By hand: Masks can be washed by swishing and soaking them in very hot water, then rinsing, squeezing gently and hanging freely to dry.
* Lip-reading/smile mask must be washed by hand only.
Masks should be washed after each use (per shift, per day, per return from high-exposure situation).
- Masks should not be shared.
- Wash hands well before putting clean mask on.
- Adjust on face for proper fit so there are no gaps.
- Do not touch mask and face while using the mask.
- Do not touch fabric of mask.
- Remove by touching the elastics or ties.
- Store in a specified bag until ready to wash.